Check out the latest issue
July 2016 - Issue 222, on sale
Click here to buy this issue or take out a subscription in Trading Post.
Most recent site entries...
- Needle position problem Posted in Letters by Anne on 20 June 2016 1 comment
- Time for tea! Posted in Letters by Anne on 20 June 2016 no comments
- Packed full of summer patterns Posted in News by Anne on 20 June 2016 2 comments
- Single motifs Posted in Helpline by orchard on 20 June 2016 1 comment
- Making up a sideways cardigan Posted in Helpline by kim3 on 23 May 2016 2 comments
Latest Clubs & Events
- Keynsham MKC Posted in Clubs by Anne and takes place on 3 May 2014 no comments
- Manor House MKC Posted in Clubs by Anne and takes place on 3 May 2014 no comments
- Dunston MKC Posted in Clubs by Anne and takes place on 3 May 2014 no comments
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne Posted in Clubs by Anne and takes place on 3 May 2014 no comments
- WOODLEY MACHINE KNITTING CLUB Posted in Clubs by Veridian and takes place on 29 January 2013 no comments
Packed full of summer patterns
20 June 2016 Anne
We drove to Scotland in May to support the Scottish Machine Knitters Show in Edinburgh. It’s a long drive from Maidenhead, but the sun shone as we left and we broke the journey in the North West. We set off the following morning, again in glorious sunshine with the car thermometer telling us it was 27 degrees. We decided to have a pit stop for a cup of tea not far from the Royal Highland Showground and the temperature outside was nine degrees with drizzle in the air. Never again will I worry about putting skimpy summer tops in the same issue as a warm cardigan, so this month’s issue fits the bill nicely.